Friday, December 12, 2008

Time to brainstorm

So as I've mentioned already, I'm taking the 2YN class in January, and I already have a bit of an idea of what I want to write my book about. But Lazette specifically said on her post that we should come to this class without any developed characters or worlds. Well myself, I've been working on a world with Holly Lisle's Create A Culture and Create A Language clinics. I haven't gotten very far in, but what is that my pre-concieved idea of what my world will be like is going to affect my brainstorming when the class starts. Perhaps it would be better for me to start completely fresh, so that I can come up with the BEST ideas, and not just regurgitate ideas that I've been chewing on for weeks...

I think I'm going to try and put my previous world from my mind so that everything will be from scratch come January 1st.

No comments: